Saturday, January 12, 2008

say hola (again) to sopes!

Well, hard to compare when you have only had one sopes, but now that I have two, I definitely liked the sopes of El Gallo Giro. Kind of funny, but google language tools can't give me a translation. Also kind of funny, that when our orders arrived, the cashier had to come and tell us which were our respective orders. Not your father's gordita.



I chose chicken for my meat topping. Gotta say, that even though autentico mexican food may not be my total cup of tea, I was really impressed at how much these folks seemed to want us there. The cashier did come out when I think our food deliverer perhaps sensed our confusion, and walked us through it all. They kept the rather yummy chips and salsa flowing. They even brought us a fork. How cool is that? Whereas I usually don't get too excited about tipping at places where you order at a counter, a food deliver delivers your food, and you bus your own table, here I left a tip. If the trash can says thank you, I think that means bus your own table. Considering the level of autentico-ness, I am surprised we didn't have gracias trash cans.

No comments: